ARMADILLO LK NANO (EP3020)
Class: 8 SubClass: PackGroup: III UN: 1719 HazChem: 2R EPG: OHSHazard: Y
ARMADILLO LK is a proprietary blend of silica (Si) polymers which penetrate concrete surfaces providing an increase in abrasion resistance and a reduction in the surface absorption of liquids.
The Lithium & Potassium silicates and siliconate compounds present in ARMADILLO LK each play a unique role in densifying and sealing concrete.
The nano Lithium & Potassium Silicates in ARMADILLO LK penetrates deep within the matrix and chemically reacts with calcium hydroxide (also known as portlandite) in the surface to produce calcium silicate hydrate (CSH) – the primary strength-providing portion of concrete paste.
Portlandite is a soft, porous mineral that is subject to carbonation and chemical attack, so replacing it with the much stronger CSH is a major benefit of ARMADILLO LK.
The siliconate in ARMADILLO LK also reacts with the concrete to form a hydrophobic polymer within the pores and on the concrete surface.
The ultimate result is a concrete floor that is exceptionally dense and liquid-repellent, which equals long-lasting protection and durability.
ARMADILLO LK is water based. It generally dries tack free in 2 to 4 hours at 21C @ 50% RH.
• Interior or exterior
• Warehouse floors
• Commercial floors
• Manufacturing plants
• Residential garages and basements
• Distribution centers
ADVANTAGES OF USE
• Reduces porosity and increases hardness of the concrete surface
• Combines with the concrete becoming part of the matrix and lasts the lifetime of the substrate.
• VOC Compliance with GREEN STAR- OFFICE DESIGN V3 IEQ-13
• Resists penetration of oil and many chemicals
• Reduces the ingress of carbon dioxide and resulting carbonation (degradation of the substrate)
• Minimizes tyre marks and enables them to be more easily removed
• Equipment can be cleaned with water
• Can be applied to fresh, new, or existing concrete
• Low sheen enhances the appearance of concrete surface
• Will not blush
• Compatible with bond breakers for tilt-up projects.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.